We are happy to announce that PrestaShop 188.8.131.52 is now available for testing in its 2nd Beta version. More than ever, we need YOUR feedback as a merchant, a service provider, a module developer or a theme designer.
The release of this second Beta version is another important milestone in the current period of intensive testing and debugging by the PrestaShop developers.
PrestaShop 184.108.40.206 is still in development, which means that this new Beta release is a great opportunity for you to discover it before we release a stable version!
Go download and install the Beta 2 version as a test store, either on your machine or your web hosting, then play with it – and give us your feedback!
While all hands are on deck, we couldn’t do it without the help of the whole community: we need YOU to test this new version of PrestaShop.
Change the settings, browse the default theme, check if the modules that you created still work as-is (or with tiny design adaptations), etc. And most importantly, let us know about your findings!
Update your module’s code if needs be, and check out the current theme documentation (still in Beta too - let us know if something is amiss!)
How to give feedback about Beta 2
Have you found a bug? A curious behavior? An unexpected reaction? Let us know! Create a ticket on the 1.7 Forge project, and give us as much details as possible!
Please note that we are not looking for feedback on the overall technical or design choices: Symfony2, the new theming system, the back office design and other global aspects of 1.7 are pretty much set in stone. However, do let us know about bugs or possible improvements!
Updates since Beta 1
Here are the most notable changes since the first Beta version:
- 4921: “Manufacturers” menu is now “Brand”.
- 5583: Maintenance text can be customized from the back office.
- 5702: The conditions page is not a CMS page anymore.
- 5711: The translation system now uses Symfony’s Translator component.
- 5777: The Symfony error/exception handler is now availables in front office.
- 5774 and 5840: Classic theme integration improvement and refactoring.
- 5779: The Cart now handles virtual products in a more sensible way.
- 5794: Display all combinations to make a product pack.
- 5795: You can exclude already-discounted products from a voucher.
- 5827: Improved the Product page image dropzone.
- 24 pull requests to implement the new translation domains.
A lot of work went into this new Beta of PrestaShop 1.7, and there is still a lot of work to be done in order to get it ready for release. You too can help with pull requests for bugs that you noticed!