This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 08th to Sunday 14th of July 2019.
A change has been introduced in 18.104.22.168 in order to improve how currencies and carts are managed and displayed. And some bank payment modules are not working anymore. Unfortunately, this was not detected during the Beta and RC releases.
An issue has been opened on GitHub, and after investigation, a solution has been proposed and tested. Please read this thread for details. TL;DR: the issue was actually not in the core, but in modules that were using a bad practice. And, that bad practice was working with previous versions of PrestaShop.
Some payments modules developed by the PrestaShop company are concerned and the module team is currently working to fix them. Stay tuned for updates if you are concerned.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 92 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 71 issues have been closed, including 10 fixed issues on the core;
- 50 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 43 pull requests have been closed, including 31 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #13983: Fix empty tag in webservice XML response. Thank you @pumamood
- #14246: Add doctrine filters applicator. Thank you @sarjon
- #14529: Fix position problem on a fresh install, by @PierreRambaud
- #14545: Remove english emails since they are generated now, by @jolelievre
- #14552: Use variable instead of recomputing, by @jolelievre
- #14560: Typo fix on bug issue template, by @PierreRambaud
- #14576: Merge 1.7.6.x to develop - 10/07/2019, by @matks
- #14592: Merge 1.7.6.x to develop - 11/07/2019, by @matks
- #12997: [+] BO: add disable visual effect on translations. Thank you @francoispeyret
- #13529: Migrate Sell > Catalog > Monitoring listing action. Thank you @zuk3975
- #14198: Add Commands/Queries Profiler tab. Thank you @sarjon
- #14249: Case-insensitive hook dispatching. Thank you @tomas862
- #14308: #14302 : Duplicate Product in BO with several taxes (multishop). Thank you @202-ecommerce
- #14320: Introduces NumberMinMaxFilterType and IntegerMinMaxFilterType. Thank you @tomas862
- #14525: Fix php warning in php 7.2 in case of JSON output. Thank you @202-ecommerce
- #14530: Use Preview link without option for seo preview, by @PierreRambaud
- #14437: Translate aria-label in modal close button. Thank you @davidglezz
- #14507: Fix bug of FO translations with multiple resources and tpl inclusions. Thank you @202-ecommerce
- #14567: Remove image in about us cms page, by @marionf
- #14508: Integrate Puppeteer to check links on FO and BO, by @mbadrani
- #14531: Remove another faulty e2e test from Travis, by @matks
Code changes in the “1.7.6.x” branch (for v22.214.171.124)
- #14562: Update Changelog for v126.96.36.199 after RC2, by @jolelievre
- #14579: Fix many things that were supposed to be removed during build not being removed, by @eternoendless
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Live demo service
- #7: Revert “Adapt api domain regarding the current domain” and use env var in build, by @Quetzacoalt91
E-mail subscription form
- #329: Deploying v4.9.0 of the autoupgrade module, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #331: Split upgrade & backup process, by @Quetzacoalt91
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @202-ecommerce, @antoninblasco, @Codencode, @davidglezz, @francoispeyret, @pumamood, @sarjon, @tomas862, @zuk3975!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!