This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 28th of September to Sunday 4th of October 2020.
The past week has been filled with lot of interesting events!
First, PHP 8.0 Release Candidate 1 has been delivered and is available for testing. Obviously, we suggest helping the test of this version as this is the future of PHP.
Secondly, Hacktoberfest has started on the 1st of October. But the very first days of the event have been complicated: the event experimented a huge spam contributions wave. The consequences of this spam are that the rules of Hacktoberfest changed on the 3rd of October: projects now need to opt-in for the event and Pull Requests must be either merged, approved, or labeled ‘hacktoberfest-accepted’ to be accepted as a participation.
The PrestaShop team has decided to opt-in to this event so your (valid) contributions will be acknowledged as participations for this edition of the Hacktoberfest!
Finally, the QA team is still running the test campaign on the Release Candidate 1 build delivered the week before.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 63 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 49 issues have been closed, including 13 fixed issues on the core;
- 98 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 85 pull requests have been closed, including 76 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #21263: Use https for documentation link in “I need help” github template. Thank you @ksaandev
- #21246: Update licenses headers, by @PierreRambaud
- #21211: “/build/” was defined twice in .gitignore root file. Thank you @SebSept
- #21187: Properly handle malformed controllers in routes configuration, by @PierreRambaud
- #20964: Fix bug related to cache_default_attribute. Thank you @unlocomqx
- #21277: Fixed call for Windows PrestaShop Components, by @Progi1984
- #21264: Clean a bit class AdminController. Thank you @ksaandev
- #21250: Fix left sidebar while onboarding is on, by @NeOMakinG
- #21223: Introduce namespaces in adapter - Update, Validate, Repository. Move recent services.. Thank you @zuk3975
- #21166: Change default ‘Erase previous images’ button state to no. Thank you @aleksiuno
- #21121: Make Module manager error notifications fixed. Thank you @Sinepel
- #21117: Use ProductCustomizationFieldUpdater service in CustomizationFieldHandlers. Thank you @zuk3975
- #20830: Introduce SetAssociatedProductAttachmentsCommand and AssociateProductAttachmentCommand. Thank you @zuk3975
- #20544: Add RemoveAllAssociatedProductSuppliersCommand. Thank you @zuk3975
- #19982: Add order internal notes. Thank you @ks129
- #21169: Fix availability messages quickview also updating product page. Thank you @dali-rajab
- #20967: Improve refresh checkout page js. Thank you @davidglezz
- #21214: Fix Update status, newsletter and optin for customers page, by @boubkerbribri
- #21209: Lower permissions for attachment dummy file. Thank you @zuk3975
Code changes in the ‘1.7.7.x’ branch
- #21203: Build assets for 177, by @jolelievre
- #21195: Replaced SQL query to fetch modules hooked on stat hook by Hook function to have a singl Source of Truth, by @matks
- #21190: Add missing security annotation on new 177 routes, by @jolelievre
- #21265: Fix tests errors in nightly 02/10/2020. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #21256: Fix test ‘Filter shopping carts’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #21225: Add test ‘Filter shopping carts’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #21188: Refactoring create cart rule and faker in tests , by @boubkerbribri
- #21184: Avoid creating new state with existing iso code, by @boubkerbribri
- #21182: Add test ‘Pagination and sort cart rule’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #21164: Add test ‘pagination and sort cart rules’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #21162: Add a DB_SERVER global variable for tests. Thank you @SD1982
- #21147: Add test ‘Filter sort and pagination carriers’. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
Code changes in the ‘1.7.6.x’ branch
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Changes in developer documentation
- #759: Add link to pscleaner. Thank you @okom3pom
- #758: Forgot to close comma. Thank you @ThanasisMpalatsoukas
- #757: Updating link for active record pattern. Thank you @ThanasisMpalatsoukas
- #756: Add children tag into modules/concepts/templating. Thank you @ksaandev
- #754: Improve Theme Hook page: add links, rewrite some statements. Thank you @prestaforum
- #753: Avoid confusion with the module class. Thank you @PululuK
- #751: Fix some text in test section, by @SimonGrn
- #750: Explain how to use Router component. Thank you @prestaforum
Category tree links module
Customer account links module
- #17: Bump version to 2.0.1, by @Progi1984
- #15: Bump prestashop/php-dev-tools from 3.9 to 3.10. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
Core Weekly Generator tool
- #59: Improve tests, by @PierreRambaud
- #58: Execute GitHub Actions on pull request, by @PierreRambaud
- #57: Add tests for Parser, by @matks
- #56: Fix a few statements, by @matks
- #55: Expand mapping list for Core Weekly, by @matks
- #54: Add legal compliance module to list, by @ttoine
- #53: Rename CI and integrate badge into README, by @matks
- #52: Introduce tests, use DateUtil class, fixes bug #48, by @matks
- #50: Ignore PRs for categories ME and PM, by @matks
Wishlist block module
- #86: fix for customizable product. Thank you @pablopolyte
- #85: add missing coma. Thank you @pablopolyte
- #84: fix hook name. Thank you @pablopolyte
- #83: Fix changes requested. Thank you @pablopolyte
- #106: Add link to explain types and categories, by @eternoendless
- #105: Don’t search wording for ME PRs + add label even when only existing wording has been found, by @atomiix
Check payment module
Customer “Sign in” link module
Custom text module
Order Notifications on the Favicon module
Google Analytics module
Dashboard Products module
Product Comments module
Faceted search module
PHP Developer Tools
The PrestaShop open source project
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @okom3pom, @ThanasisMpalatsoukas, @ksaandev, @Progi1984, @nesrineabdmouleh, @PierreRambaud, @matks, @prestaforum, @PululuK, @pablopolyte, @SimonGrn, @NeOMakinG, @eternoendless, @dependabot[bot], @zuk3975, @boubkerbribri, @ttoine, @SebSept, @jolelievre, @atomiix, @Quetzacoalt91, @dali-rajab, @aleksiuno, @SD1982, @Sinepel, @sergioregueira, @davidglezz, @unlocomqx, @LouiseBonnard, @ks129!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!