This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 13th to Sunday 19th of July 2020.
Last two weeks there was some reports of people unable to login into their Back-Office after upgrading to 188.8.131.52.
Obviously the project maintainers explored this topic deeply but were unable to find any issues into the code. We believe some of the issues might come from third party upgrade tools that would not follow PrestaShop migration path. If you have valuable feedback, feel free to tell us on GitHub!
In the meantime, work continues on
1.7.7.x branch to prepare the first Release Candidate and on
develop branch to bring some long-awaited features for 1.7.8, such as php7.4-compatibility or native lazy-loading.
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 48 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 44 issues have been closed, including 9 fixed issues on the core;
- 64 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 64 pull requests have been closed, including 54 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #20213: Update Prestashop module versions, by @Progi1984
- #20182: Revert change from #18220, it breaks modules, by @PierreRambaud
- #20141: Property display_footer is a boolean, by @PierreRambaud
- #19873: Code issues : Avoid code duplicate in EmployeeGridDefinitionFactory. Thank you @PululuK
- #20153: Product duplication in table ps_product_supplier. Thank you @levyn
- #20149: [BO Addresses page] - Fix error after saving new address . Thank you @PululuK
- #20114: Allow employee to choose their own avatar, by @Progi1984
- #20078: BO > CUSTOMERS > GENERAL SETTINGS : Wrong helper description. Thank you @PululuK
- #19968: Fixed specific price list in the product editor. Thank you @Rolige
- #19964: Add UpdateProductCustomizationFields command. Thank you @zuk3975
- #19866: Simplify Taxes and Tax options forms. Thank you @JevgenijVisockij
- #18690: Remove unwanted replace and raw calls in twig and fix js error, by @PierreRambaud
- #20148: [BO] Color picker doesn’t recognize html color name on page load. Thank you @PululuK
- #20132: Enable hook ‘displayAfterProductThumbs’ to access product - thanks @elburgl69, by @matks
- #19560: Implement Native Lazy Loading on theme classic, by @Progi1984
- #20193: Functional tests - Use hook name instead of hook position in link widget, by @boubkerbribri
- #20157: Functional tests - Fix the ID of display footer hook . Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
Code changes in the ‘1.7.7.x’ branch
- #20166: Return Response to provide a good error message when import directory doesnt exist, by @matks
- #20126: Correctly uncheck previous default combination. Thank you @Amazzing
- #20124: Use /usr/sbin/sendmail instead of mail() in config wording, by @atomiix
- #20215: Functional tests - Add checking order status in FO after update status in BO, by @boubkerbribri
- #20210: Functional tests - Add ‘Sort orders’ tests, by @boubkerbribri
- #19997: Functional tests - Separate browser page and page objects, by @boubkerbribri
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
- #59: Format price in statistics, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #58: Fix PHPStan feedback, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #56: Reduce lists images size, by @NeOMakinG
- #55: Add a message when there are no products in a wishlist, by @NeOMakinG
- #54: Use configuration data in module, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #53: Add a route for cache refreshing, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #52: Displays tabs in BO pages, by @Quetzacoalt91
- #51: Add page to list products of a wishlist, by @Quetzacoalt91
Changes in developer documentation
- #634: Small improvements, by @eternoendless
- #633: Bump lodash from 4.17.15 to 4.17.19 in /src/themes/hugo-theme-learn/_src. Thank you @dependabot[bot]
- #631: Add missing extension to upgrade documentation. Thank you @mcorteel-harel
- #630: Add GitHub template for PRs, by @matks
- #628: Improve style of quote blocks, by @eternoendless
- #626: Add information about the good first issues, by @LouiseBonnard
Prestashop UI Kit
PHP Developer Tools
Data mining for statistics
Customer reassurance block
Email subscription module
- #65: Add email input validation to column tpl. Thank you @davidglezz
- #64: Set email input basic browser validation again. Thank you @davidglezz
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @Quetzacoalt91, @boubkerbribri, @Progi1984, @NeOMakinG, @matks, @PierreRambaud, @eternoendless, @dependabot[bot], @zalexki, @nesrineabdmouleh, @mcorteel-harel, @levyn, @PululuK, @LouiseBonnard, @Amazzing, @atomiix, @cdefy, @davidglezz, @Rolige, @zuk3975, @JevgenijVisockij!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!