This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase from Monday 8th to Sunday 14th of February 2021.
Last Friday maintainer @pululuk, helped by @sowbiba and many others built the ZIP archive for PrestaShop 18.104.22.168 and delivered it to QA team for validation. This is the second time a PrestaShop release is built by someone who is not an employee of PrestaShop company! Congratulations @pululuk!
Another interesting news: thanks to the awesome work of @atomiix, the upgrades between PrestaShop versions using the autoupgrade module are now being run every night and results can be looked at in the Nightly build dashboard
In the meantime, @NeOMakinG also upgraded the jQuery version to v3.5 for Classic Theme and default Back Office theme.
The next step for release 22.214.171.124 is now QA validation. Release is expected to happen at the latest on next Monday (22th of February).
A quick update about PrestaShop’s GitHub issues and pull requests:
- 75 new issues have been created in the project repositories;
- 52 issues have been closed, including 10 fixed issues on the core;
- 76 pull requests have been opened in the project repositories;
- 86 pull requests have been closed, including 76 merged pull requests.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch
- #23210: Fix wrong namespace path, by @PierreRambaud
- #23200: Add constant visibility in all classes of src, by @matks
- #23184: Updated JS Routing & package-lock.json in new-theme files. Thank you @github-actions[bot]
- #23122: Update jQuery on classic, FO core and default BO theme, by @NeOMakinG
- #23118: Remove statslive module, by @PierreRambaud
- #23094: Add ISBN and UPC to combinations data. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #23205: Cast productSupplier reference to string. Thank you @zuk3975
- #23180: Set combinations attributes closed by default if combinations > 0, by @NeOMakinG
- #23179: Move stock related classes to Stock namespace. Thank you @zuk3975
- #23177: Init switches when adding new customization on product page, by @NeOMakinG
- #23173: Hide category tree by default on product page, by @NeOMakinG
- #23136: Up status select padding to avoid text getting under arrow, by @NeOMakinG
- #23072: Fix help modal BO responsive, by @NeOMakinG
- #23069: Fix sidebar visibility when hidden by default on default theme, by @NeOMakinG
- #23043: Translations: Add catalogue and tree providers, by @sowbiba
- #22277: Introduce UpdateCombinationFromListCommand. Thank you @zuk3975
- #21527: Simplify translations form. Thank you @JevgenijVisockij
- #23175: Remove redundant operation in ProductController, by @eternoendless
- #23056: Change classic selectors to js prefixed selectors, by @NeOMakinG
- #23081: Fix the combination’s disappearance from Cart when it’s updated by WS. Thank you @fabiovannini
Code changes in the ‘1.7.7.x’ branch
- #23224: Update PrestaShop’s composer dependencies, by @atomiix
- #23220: Update composer versions of native modules for 126.96.36.199, by @matks
- #22682: Fix warning/errors from upgrade scripts, by @atomiix
- #23129: Add test - Enable/Disable demo mode. Thank you @nesrineabdmouleh
- #22875: Rename default account var name, by @boubkerbribri
Code changes in modules, themes & tools
Changes in developer documentation
- #865: Fix link to testing introduction. Thank you @Paddimir
- #862: Update information on displayCarrierExtraContent hook. Thank you @Hlavtox
- #860: Fix return error in execute method. Thank you @jf-viguier
- #855: Add page about users, login and secure_key, by @matks
PrestaShop PHPStan extension
- #8: Add PrestaShop as author in composer.json, by @matks
- #5: Add ClassConstantsMustHaveVisibilityRule, by @matks
Auto Upgrade module
- #385: Fix get_matrix returning the same value twice, by @atomiix
- #384: Update GCP secret keys, by @atomiix
- #383: Fix phpstan, by @atomiix
- #382: Replace Travis (deprecated) badge by GitHub Action Upgrade badge, by @matks
- #381: Release 4.12.0, by @matks
- #380: Bump v4.12.0, by @matks
Customer reassurance block module
- #128: Bump @babel/core from 7.12.13 to 7.12.16. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #127: Bump mini-css-extract-plugin from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #126: Bump css-loader from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #125: Bump sass-loader from 11.0.0 to 11.0.1. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #124: Bump sass-loader from 10.1.1 to 11.0.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #123: Bump webpack from 5.20.2 to 5.21.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Faceted search module
- #333: Bump @babel/core from 7.12.13 to 7.12.16. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #332: Bump @babel/node from 7.12.13 to 7.12.16. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #331: Bump @babel/preset-env from 7.12.13 to 7.12.16. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #330: Bump mocha from 8.2.1 to 8.3.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #329: Bump @babel/cli from 7.12.13 to 7.12.16. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #328: Bump css-loader from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #327: Bump sass-loader from 11.0.0 to 11.0.1. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #326: Bump sass-loader from 10.1.1 to 11.0.0. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #325: Bump webpack from 5.20.2 to 5.21.2. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Links list module
- #112: Bump prestashop/php-dev-tools from 3.4 to 3.14. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #111: Fix license headers, by @matks
- #110: Release 4.0.0, by @matks
- #65: Uninstall module used on PS 1.6 before using this one, by @Quetzacoalt91
Search Bar module
- #32: Release v2.0.2, by @atomiix
- #31: Uninstall module used on PS 1.6 before using this one, by @atomiix
Dashboard Activity module
User documentation landing page
- #25: chore(deps-dev): bump sass from 1.32.6 to 1.32.7. Built by @dependabot[bot]
- #24: fix(deps): bump actions/cache from v2 to v2.1.4. Built by @dependabot[bot]
Core Weekly Generator tool
Wishlist block module
- #29: Release 2.1.1 - again, by @matks
- #28: Release 2.1.1, by @matks
- #24: Add UI test to ps banner module, by @boubkerbribri
Customer “Sign in” link module
Prestashop UI Kit
Shopping cart module
Where to start contributing?
What about fixing a success message that is incorrect and is displayed when a search alias is created from the Back Office? This is a bug report submitted three months ago, and it is one of our good first issues.
Good first issues are a list of all beginner-friendly improvements and bugs to fix in the project. You can read more about this label on our article about it.
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @Paddimir, @matks, @Hlavtox, @jf-viguier, @atomiix, @dependabot[bot], @PierreRambaud, @zuk3975, @github-actions[bot], @NeOMakinG, @pablopolyte, @eternoendless, @nesrineabdmouleh, @fabiovannini, @Progi1984, @sowbiba, @boubkerbribri, @JevgenijVisockij, @rakvium, @Quetzacoalt91!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with issues and comments on GitHub!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use GitHub to report an issue. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!