This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase during the previous week, from Monday 9th to Sunday 15th of May 2016.
The work being done on version 184.108.40.206 is still going strong, working towards a proper first Beta!
In the meantime, the 1.6 branch is being supported, as expected, and you should soon see 220.127.116.11 land :)
Want to help things go faster? There are several ways:
- Test the latest alpha version (or better, test the current development version, straight from GitHub);
- Report issues on the Forge (or confirm issues that are already listed - use the search engine!);
- Fix issues by submitting a pull request (or confirm that a submitted pull request does indeed fix the presented issue);
- Help improve the 1.7 Theme Development doc (yes, it is very sparse at the moment).
You can find an up-to-date thread about the 1.7 development in the forum.
The 1.7 Project FAQ is always available here: http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1-7-faq/.
Do you live near Paris? Do you want to come test-drive the design of PS 1.7? Let us know!
Code changes in branch develop (for version 18.104.22.168)
Let’s review the merged pull-requests on the ‘develop’ branch since the last Core Weekly Report!
Front office (including the default theme, named “Classic” for now, based upon the Starter Theme)
- #5544: Some cleanup in Classic folder, by @maximebiloe.
- #5548: Update wording in Classic theme according to mockups, by @maximebiloe.
- #5552: Fix z-index to display navigation over the header in new theme, by @maximebiloe.
- #5555: Highlight selected attributes in Classic, by @maximebiloe.
- #5559: Custom text block margin change. Thank you @shepherdv8!
- #5508: add category by default field, by @mickaelandrieu.
- #5522: .gitinore now ignore the parameters.old.php, by @shudrum.
- #5523: combinations improvements, by @mickaelandrieu.
- #5528: Implements new notifications in back-office header, by @maximebiloe.
- #5536: Improved Product related search action, by @mickaelandrieu.
- #5487: simplify logic expression. Thank you @zizuu-store!
- #5527: Fix install, by @shine-neko.
- #5535: Improved installation, by @shine-neko.
- #5538: Updated Symfony framework to prevent CVE issue, by @mickaelandrieu.
- #5539: Missing Core in classname. Thank you @raphael-homann!
- #5542: Fix travis errors during CLI installation, by @shine-neko.
- #5547: A module can now return more than one termsAndConditions object, by @paeddl.
- #5551: Fix typo and warning in ConditionsToApproveFinder.php, by @maximebiloe.
- #5553: Travis cache is now used, by @quetzacoalt91.
- #5554: Fix call to undefined method for PDF generation, by @shudrum.
- #5558: Use symfony level for php-cs-fixer, by @julienbourdeau.
- #5257: add some Czech translations. Thank you @fojtcz!
See all the PRs merged into the codebase since the last Core Weekly here.
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @fojtcz, @raphael-homann, @shepherdv8, and @zizuu-store! Also, thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with tickets on the Forge!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use the Forge to contribute to PrestaShop. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!