Missed a week, but the Core Weekly report is still alive and kicking!
I spent last week half in a training session, and half on days off. Sorry if you missed that weekly meeting of ours! …but that only means that this week, you get DOUBLE DOSE of that :)
This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop core codebase during the last two weeks, from Monday 20th or April to Sunday 3rd of May, 2015.
The PSR-2 survey is still running, give us your opinion!
Of note among the merged PRs in the last two weeks:
- In PR 2865, contributor gskema added a new method,
Language::getIDs(), which returns an array of language IDs. Very useful when you only need the language ID and not the whole language array. A lot of functions could be refactored by using this new method. Some lines could even lose their
- In PR 2891, core dev jeromenadaud updated Font Awesome to version 4.3.0 (from version 4.0.3).
- In PR 2655, contributor PrestaEdit added a new Cart hook, named
actionAfterDeleteProductInCart. Comment if you think “
actionCartProductRemoveAfter” would be a better name!
- In PR 2554, contributor PrestaEdit added a new Mail hook, named
actionGetExtraMailTemplateVars. Comment if you think “
actionMailSendTemplatesVariablesPrepareAfter” would be a better name!
- In PR 2905, core dev julienboudreau introduced a much improved invoice template! The template is now split into multiple sub-templates (which can be overridden), there is a new zone for legal free text (along with the
displayInvoiceLegalFreeTexthook), and made it much better looking! Also, the options for images in PDF moved from Preferences > orders to Orders > Invoices and Orders > credit slips. Let us know what you think of it!
- In PR 2900, core dev jeromenadaud introduced a new check, to display a warning if the server uses a PHP version below 5.4.
- In PR 2967, core dev Shudrum removed the order_changed.html/.txt e-mail template, and replaced it with the new
actionOrderEditedhook. This follows PR 13 on the
mailalertsmodule, which introduces two new mails: return_slip and order_changed. Explore those changes!
Let’s review last week’s merged pull-requests!
As always, click on the PR’s number to open its page on GitHub.
- 2916: AdminCustomerPreferencesController: Text clarification, by xBorderie.
- 2807: Fix #PSCSX-4346 specific price + group reduction price isn’t right, by sfroment42.
- 2785: Wrong number of displayed products in Search. Thank you kpodemski!
- 2811: Fix #PSCSX-5199, prevent undefined for ajax param, by gRoussac.
- 2878: Use email input type. Thank you gskema!
- 2914: Fix language in Dispatcher, by jeromenadaud.
- 2830: Fix bug #PSCSX-4326, Specific prices + group reduction, by gRoussac.
- 2934: Correct company field JS validation function. Thank you gskema!
- 2944: duplicated var in product.js, by gRoussac.
- 2924: FixBug #PSCSX-5255 - Quantity reduction now based on original price, by jeromenadaud.
- 2950: Fix #PSCSX-5397, bad bigpic display, by gRoussac.
- 2764: Fix #PSCSX-5006, duplicated addresses on customers import + could not update addresses, by gRoussac. Thank you indesign47 for the help!
- 2907: Fix parent category selection in category creation, by jocel1.
- 2723: Wrong multi-language feature. Thank you kpodemski!
- 2913: Add status page indicator, by jeromenadaud.
- 2912: Fix bug #PSCSX-5209 Bad positions moving on other page than first page, by gRoussac.
- 2956: Fix #PSCSX-5440 avoid too much quantity refund in standard refund, by sfroment42.
- 2864: Remove blocklayered start/end tags to prevent spam, by jeromenadaud.
- 2839: blockwishlist work, by sfroment42.
- 2949: Add short description into crossselling module. Thank you cdesbouche-acipia!
- 2865: New method Language::getIDs. Thank you gskema!
- 2897: error_log to Tools::error_log, by gRoussac.
- 2655: Cart / hook “actionAfterDeleteProductInCart”. Thank you PrestaEdit!
- 2554: Mail / hook “actionGetExtraMailTemplateVars”. Thank you PrestaEdit!
- 2885: pdf prefix in order returns, by gRoussac and AlexEven.
- 2566: Refactor Category::getProducts methods. Thank you gskema!
- 2793: Fix #PSCSX-5130 check if is free, by sfroment.
- 2813: Fix #PSCSX-5204, undefined var $languages, by gRoussac.
- 2901: Normalize int and bool PHPDoc variable types. Thank you gskema!
- 2798: Fix Warehouse::getWarehouseById replace stock table by warehouse_product_location, by sfroment42.
- 2569: Update AdminController.php - trim BO filter values. Thank you nodexpl!
- 2904: norms as keyword in lowercase, by gRoussac.
- 2871: Fix unity validation. Thank you pbirnzain!
- 2908: Create cart if cart object does not exist, by jeromenadaud.
- 2910: Module::displayError() now handles arrays passed as parameter, by tchauviere.
- 2902: Refactor Language::getLanguages calls. Thank you gskema!
- 2923: FixBug #PSCSX-5022 - Wrong rounding price display, by jeromenadaud.
- 2937: warnings, by gRoussac.
- 2938: company_address to shop_address, by gRoussac.
- 2943: Be sure the local cache will not grow out of control, by jocel1.
- 2946: PHPDoc + Wording, by jeromenadaud.
- 2953: StockAvailable / Fix #PSCSX-5432. Thank you PrestaEdit!
- 2891: Font Awesome updated to 4.3.0, by jeromenadaud.
- 2898: Remove unused sass variables, by jeromenadaud.
- 2905: Introduce new Invoice template, by julienbourdeau.
- 2906: Invoice pdf cols alignment, by jeromenadaud.
- 2942: Set header title for PDF, by jeromenadaud.
- 2947: Invoice - Add Country in shop address, by julienbourdeau.
- 2900: Add warning when php version is less than 5.4, by jeromenadaud.
- 2903: Fix #PSCSX-4951 Do less request and don’t download same file multiple time, by sfroment42.
- 2918: Added tests on Module::displayError(), by tchauviere.
- 2925: Fix bug #PSCSX-5361, bad regex in packJSinHTML, by gRoussac. Thank you ZiZuu-store for your help!
- 2922: add state for Malaysia. Thank you li9ht!
- 2959: Improve import performances, by jocel1.
See all the PRs merged into the codebase since April 20th here.
Thank you to our contributors for their PRs: cdesbouche-acipia, gskema, indesign47, kpodemski, li9ht, nodexpl, pbirnzain, PrestaEdit, ZiZuu-store, and those whose contributions haven’t been merged yet! Also, a big thanks to all those who contribute with tickets on the Forge!
Remember: if you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, read those:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, read this: How to use the Forge to contribute to PrestaShop. Thank you!
Until the next Core Weekly report, let me know if I forgot something here, or if you have ideas about how to improve this report!
Happy contributin’ everyone!