We’ve had a lot of great feedback from the community following the release of the RC3 of PrestaShop 18.104.22.168. The team is hard at work improving this version and fixing things that were discovered since then.
As a reminder, this software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you to run it on a production store. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. You can download PrestaShop 22.214.171.124 RC4 here.
We NEED you to test this version, helping us make sure that it is the most reliable one ever!
We aim for a late June release of the final version of PrestaShop 126.96.36.199, or early-July at worse – and depending on feedback. A lot is still moving in the codebase, but the core developers will switch to full-testing/fixing mode by the end of the week.
Apart from testing your modules and themes (and I cannot stress this enough!) and checking the tax/ecotax calculation improvements, here are some of the areas which you can help us double-check:
- Performance. Most notably on category display, the whole product page, and on the importer.
- Invoice templates. Slight tinkering here and there. Print some!
- Back-office orders. Price calculation should work in even the most complex situations.
And many other tiny things have been improved since RC3. See all the commits here.
And, as always, please keep a fresh eye on those:
- Back office design. There might be some quirks here and there: let us know!
- Search. It has been improved in many places. Try it in multishop and/or multilang context too!
- Installer. Install this version in various situations: locally, on your online hostings, on new versions of PHP/MySQL, on old versions of PHP/MySQL, etc.! We need to make sure it works on as many platforms as possible.
- Upgrade. STILL VERY IMPORTANT! The automatic upgrade module is constantly being improved upon, so have a go at it from v188.8.131.52, from v184.108.40.206, from v220.127.116.11, from v18.104.22.168, etc. You get the idea :)
Developers, designers, agencies: please please please test your modules, test your themes, test your clients’ override code, clone your clients’ stores and try to upgrade them, etc. Make sure it works for you and your clients!
Again, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR REAL STORE! Version 22.214.171.124 RC4 is not marked as production ready, so if you do, do it at your own risk.
If you want to really test the thing, make a copy of your real store and update that copy to 126.96.36.199 RC3. Then, do the whole process of adding a product, buying a product, installing a theme, changing settings, etc.
If you think you’ve found a bug/issue, you can let us know about it on the Forge, PrestaShop’s bug-tracker. Make sure to present the steps to reproduce the bug/issue! Read this page for more information on how to use the Forge, especially the last part, “Best practices for writing an issue”.
If you are a developer and you know how to fix an issue, open a Pull Request on PrestaShop’s GitHub page, on the 1.6 branch (NOT the master branch)! And remember to read these:
Happy testing, and thank you for your help!