Is January 20th too late for New Year’s wishes? Oh well, as we say in French, “it’s never too late to do the right thing” :) So, here goes…
Happy new year from everyone at PrestaShop! 2016 has been a busy year, and 2017 looks to be even busier.
Release-wise, we did pretty well:
- We released PrestaShop 1.7! I don’t know if you heard about it ;)
- 9 test-versions of v1.7: thank you for your feedback!
- Already 4 patch versions since the 220.127.116.11 release – and 18.104.22.168 is looming…
- 9 patch versions of PrestaShop 1.6, with more to come – Remember that we will maintain v1.6 until October 2018.
The Build devblog itself had a good year:
- 83 articles.
- 326,000 page views (vs. 97,000 in 2015!)
- Most popular articles/pages were:
- The PrestaShop 1.7 FAQ
- The presentation of Classic, the new default theme for 1.7
- How to override modules in PrestaShop 1.6, an article contributed by community member Gytis Škema. You too can contribute to Build!
- The presentation of Symfony as our choice for the new architecture of v1.7
- Module development changes in PrestaShop 22.214.171.124
Let’s take a step back to appreciate some of the code-specific numbers from last year. In 2016, the PrestaShop project received:
- 2651 pull requests were created, with 836 coming from the community.
- 2057 pull requests were actually merged, 423 of which were community PRs.
That’s 30% of PR ideas coming from the community, and 1/5th of the code changes in the whole year coming from the community! Thank you, guys and gals!
While we are on the subject of PRs created and merged, we need to celebrate September 2016:
- Best month for PR creation by the community: 154!
- Record of community-created PRs merged for that year: 103!
- Month with the most community members with at least one PR: 42!
- …and with the most community members with at least one PR merged: 23!
- June and December share that distinction :)
The medians over 12 months are:
- 64 PRs created by the community per month.
- 29 community-created PRs merged per month.
Again, thank you for your contribution to the PrestaShop project! We are definitely committed to improve both 1.7 and 1.6 with the feedback from the community and with your contribution. PrestaShop’s code, translations, documentation, Addons and its whole ecosystem get better every day with your involvement!
Let’s have a bigger and better year in 2017!