This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase during the previous three weeks, from Monday 23rd of May to Sunday 12th of June 2016.
We released PrestaShop 1.7 Beta 1!
We also released PrestaShop 126.96.36.199!
We published an article about the module development changes in PrestasShop 1.7!
We also published the PrestaShop Translator Guide AND the PrestaShop Contributor Guide!
We even told how the new default theme was designed!
The days are just PACKED! :)
Want to help things go faster? There are several ways:
- Test the Beta version (or better, test the current development version, straight from GitHub);
- Report issues on the Forge (or confirm issues that are already listed - use the search engine!);
- Fix issues by submitting a pull request (or confirm that a submitted pull request does indeed fix the presented issue);
- Help improve the 1.7 Theme Development doc (yes, it is very sparse at the moment).
You can find an up-to-date thread about the 1.7 development in the forum.
The 1.7 Project FAQ is always available here: http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1-7-faq/.
Do you live near Paris? Do you want to come test-drive the design of PS 1.7? Let us know!
Code changes in branch develop (for version 188.8.131.52)
Let’s review the merged pull-requests on the ‘develop’ branch since the last Core Weekly Report!
- 3840: Update wording invoice.tax-tab.tpl. Thank you @nobodaddy!
- 4921: “Manufacturer” becomes “Brand”, by @alexeven.
- 5610: Update tabs name about modules in the back office menu, by @maximebiloe.
- 5652: product page - wording updates, part 1, by @alexeven.
- 5684: Misspelling correction of filemanager return. Thank you @pirkoa!
- 5685: Fix a typo in the filemanager. Thank you @crugnac!
- 5686: Misspelling correction. Thank you @crugnac!
- 5689: Wording update of the product page, by @alexeven.
Front office (including the default theme, named “Classic”, based upon the Starter Theme)
- 6909: Allow bots to crawl module images. Thank you @gskema!
- 5427: Fix alignment in order history. Thank you @shepherdv8!
- 5514: Fix duplicate IDs in Link List module. Thank you @fojtcz!
- 5550: Reorganize subtotals for cart, checkout summary and order summary, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5598: Display unit price in detailed cart product list, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5608: Prevent a guest customer to access to auth required pages, by @maximebiloe.
- 5621: Improve performances, by @jocel1.
- 5622: Uniformize labels for price, discounts, unit prices for product page, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5624: Fix undefined var on maintenance tpl, by @Quetzacoalt91.
- 5625: Fix blockreassurance and promo code layout, by @maximebiloe.
- 5630: Fix an undefined index on cart and order confirmation layout, by @maximebiloe.
- 5631: Checkout: Always display customer for guest, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5638: Fix cart summary display when selecting another carrier, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5641: Display correct tab content for product page on dom update, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5644: Display customized products as distinct products in shopping cart, by @maximebiloe.
- 5657: Improve customization display in order confirmation email. Thank you unlocomqx!
- 5659: Fix prices layout in add to cart modal, by @maximebiloe.
- 5661: Fixes taxes labels for front, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5662: Fix content loaded in the modal when several links, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5667: Update product page elements when click on continue shopping, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5668: Add a new hook on cart product line, by @maximebiloe.
- 5669: Do not allow to pass configuration values even with _PS_MODE_DEV_, by @rgaillard.
- 5677: Fix bugs on thumbnails of product page, by @maximebiloe.
- 5693: Fix undefined variable in Order detail. Thank you @fojtcz!
- 5699: Refactor order confirmation controller, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5702: Use a textarea for conditions not a CMS page anymore, by @maximebiloe.
- 5707: Add domain to translatable strings in Classic template files, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5708: Fix birthdate placeholder format inconsistency. Thank you @unlocomqx!
- 5713: Add domains for all front controllers, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5717: Add domains to all FO strings in src, by @julienbourdeau.
- 4446: Allow basic HTML attributes in editor. Thank you @mcdado!
- 5283: Added “Sort by access date” on module page, by @tchauviere.
- 5549: Introduced bulk edition on combinations, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5573: Introduced a default section for deprecated modules, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5584: Improved HelperOptions for textarea field. Thank you @kpodemski!
- 5589: Fixed HTML errors on Product Page, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5605: Display attributes list in combinations tab of the product page, by @maximebiloe.
- 5607: Redirect to new module controller, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5611: Improve new header integration, by @nihco2.
- 5612: Easier way to go to Maintenance page while shop is turned off. Thank you @kpodemski!
- 5616: Fix combinations generation when using attributes list, by @maximebiloe.
- 5618: Improve combinations list layout according to mockups, by @maximebiloe.
- 5619: Fix unecessary AJAX call to notifications, by @maximebiloe.
- 5623: Fix undefined JS on modules catalog, by @maximebiloe.
- 5629: Compile all Webpack files, by @shudrum.
- 5633: revert product update, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5634: fixed product deletion from catalog, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5635: Fix redirect issue when accessing to index.php in Ajax, by @maximebiloe.
- 5637: Improve read more modal integration, by @nihco2.
- 5639: Fix delete alert when switching from a combination to another, by @maximebiloe.
- 5645: Made the final price dynamic according to impact on price in BO, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5647: Redirect old adminproducts url to new controller, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5650: Fix product default category selection on Firefox, by @maximebiloe.
- 5653: Display the public name and in the good language for attribute groups, by @maximebiloe.
- 5660: Improve bulk actions design, by @nihco2.
- 5663: Change ajax login URL to use Symfony functionnalities, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5665: Synchronized final price when we bulk edit the impact on price, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5673: Fix error on module actions, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5674: On new product category creation, create also the label in tree, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5678: Change sort by scoring order to desc in module list. Thank you @antho-girard!
- 5688: Fix BO product search & autocompletion, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5709: Fix a smarty warning when opening the Carrier Wizard. Thank you @prestamodule!
- 5720: Update some strings with html tags inside to make them easier to translate, by @maximebiloe.
- 5721: Fixed bug while detect mcrypt lib in AdminPerformanceController. Thank you @alexdee2007!
- 5725: Improved the product combinations bulk form, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5037: Add return in Attribute::cleanPositions. Thank you @pifyz!
- 5151: Remove unused parameter “$specific_where” in “ObjectModelCore::updateMultishopTable”. Thank you @pifyz!
- 5241: Fix fatal error on classes/stock/StockAvailable.php, by @xborderie.
- 5406: Update TCPDF to version 6.2.12. Thank you @firstred!
- 5512: Remove unnecessary ternary operator. Thank you @shagshag!
- 5557: Fixed bug for a clear cache, by @shine-neko.
- 5577: Make id_product available in checkout confirmation e-mail, by @paddl.
- 5579: Optimized Cart class, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5580: improve global performances, by @jocel1.
- 5620: Minor fixes on composer and translations, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5627: Allow uppercase extensions to be uploaded. Thank you @unlocomqx!
- 5628: Remove duplicate VENDOR_DIR constant. Thank you @panploenes!
- 5642: Cache result Cart::getTotalShippingCost() according to parameters, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5646: Get module errors on failure and fix upload popup, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5649: Add documentation to resize function params. Thank you @e-gaulue!
- 5651: Do not write parameters.yml in bootstrap.php and other minor fixes, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5654: Bypass zip format if no format required, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5656: Fixed the attribute group deletion, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5666: Travis - Move APT commands in addons, add cache and use another version of MySQL, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5675: Take into account the unit price impact set by combination, by @maximebiloe.
- 5676: Cleanup smarty configuration files, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5679: Synchronize Classic, Core and StarterTheme to make it testable, by @maximebiloe.
- 5711: Introduce Symfony translation, by @jtabet.
- 5712: Fixed bad behavior on category creation from Product page, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5600: Prevents access to the database if you have not installed shop, by @shine-neko.
- 5613: Fix composer install with no-dev option, by @quetzacoalt91.
- 5632: avoid fetch() on null query result, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5636: Production & development cache conflicts fixed, by @shudrum.
- 5655: Installer cache generation fixed, by @shudrum.
- 5716: Replace bad check of PDO extension, by @rgaillard.
See all the PRs merged into the codebase since the last Core Weekly here.
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @alexdee2007, @antho-girard, @crugnac, @e-gaulue, @firstred, @fojtcz, @gskema, @kpodemski, @mcdado, @nobodaddy, @panploenes, @pirkoa, @prestamodule, @shagshag, @shepherdv8, and @unlocomqx! Also, thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with tickets on the Forge!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use the Forge to contribute to PrestaShop. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!