This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase during the last week, from Monday 13th to Sunday 19th of November 2017.
Again, a lot has been done this past week. And a lot is to come, especially the hooks of the product page which are under examination to be improved ! Most important information is that we migrated to Symfony 3, it has been merged in the ‘develop’ branch last week. Therefore our best advice is to update your PHP version because you will need at least PHP 5.6 for our version 1.7.4. It is better now than never !
Regarding PHP, and the AFUP’s annual conference, the good news is that all lectures has been put online on their YouTube channel. You don’t know which one to pick and watch ? Have a look at @tomlev’s choice, he introduced last Friday one of the great lectures he has been attended there : Is it necessary to make quality work?, by Jean-François Lépine.
Code changes in the ‘develop’ branch (for v22.214.171.124)
- #8405: Update PrestaShop deps: Symfony3, PHP 5.6 and PHPUnit 5.7, by @mickaelandrieu.
- #8486: Refactor code in ControllerCore and AbstractFormCore. Thank you @mnastalski!
- #8488: CO: fix robots.txt, exclude order param. Thank you @prestarocket!
- #8511: CO: Fix array declaration. Thank you @marekhanus!
- #8244: Show installed module first. Thank you @christianverardi!
- #8481: BO: don’t display error if AdminShopGroup doesn’t exist, by @rgaillard.
Code changes in the ‘1.6.1.x’ branch (for v126.96.36.199)
- #8444: Update marketplace URL to http(s). Thank you @colonelmoutarde!
- #8449: Update marketplace URL to http(S). Thank you @colonelmoutarde!
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @azouz-jribi, @christianverardi, @colonelmoutarde, @kpodemski, @marekhanus, @mnastalski and @prestarocket!
Thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with tickets and comments on the Forge!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use the Forge to contribute to PrestaShop. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!