This edition of the Core Weekly report highlights changes in PrestaShop’s core codebase during the last week, from Monday 29th of February to Sunday 6th of March 2016.
Pull request with notable information this week:
- 5080: Introduces a brand new template for your pull request. Improve your PR by following the presented best-practices!
- 5105: Introduces a way to display the template name within the markup, in order to help find the problematic template.
- 5115: Since jQzoom and FancyBox have been removed, this removes their back office option.
The team is hard at work on PrestaShop 1.7, the next major version of the most complete e-commerce software solution there is. You can find an up-to-date thread about it in the forum.
Please note that finishing the planned projects for 1.7 and delivering a quality beta version soon is the top priority for the PrestaShop Core developers at the moment. Merging community pull requests has therefore slowed down until then, but will be back with a vengeance once we have a first beta to release to you! So please keep testing, and keep sending patches our way: it’s the raison d’être of this community project!
Do you want to encourage us? Give us a star on GitHub! :)
Code changes in 22.214.171.124-develop
Let’s review the merged pull-requests on the ‘develop’ branch since the last Core Weekly Report!
Front office (default theme, named “Classic” for now, based upon the Starter Theme)
- 5071: product page improvements, by @nihco2.
- 5085: Delete address from checkout, by @maximebiloe.
- 5101: Remove module placeholders, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5103: OrderPresenter now use products from order to preserve prices consistency, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5105: Introducing Smarty for dev, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5107: Missing variables in core js. Thank you @fojtcz!
- 5113: order confirmation redesign, by @nihco2.
- 5120: Fix input number on product page, by @nihco2.
- 5121: Added customizations product info on order confirmation page, by @mickaelandrieu.
- 5122: Add texture URL for combination, by @maximebiloe.
- 5126: Add textures preview, by @nihco2.
- 5096: Display “Debug Mode” in the navbar, by @maximebiloe, based on an idea by @PiotrKaczor (thank you!).
- 5097: Navigation updates, by @Shudrum.
- 5077: Missing variable in CartPresenter. Thank you @fojtcz!
- 5098: Update default mail templates, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5110: Fix swiftMailer class conflict for legacy version, by @xGouley.
- 5115: remove PS_DISPLAY_JQZOOM option, by @julienbourdeau.
- 5119: Remove unused variable and use product minimal quantity, by @maximebiloe.
See all the PRs merged into the codebase since the last Core Weekly here.
Thank you to the contributors whose pull requests were merged since the last Core Weekly Report: @fojtcz and @PiotrKaczor! Also, thank you to the contributors whose PRs haven’t been merged yet! And of course, a big thank you to all those who contribute with tickets on the Forge!
If you want to contribute to PrestaShop with code, please read these pages first:
…and if you do not know how to fix an issue but wish to report it, please read this: How to use the Forge to contribute to PrestaShop. Thank you!
Happy contributin’ everyone!